These bacon and egg breakfast muffins are perfect not only for breakfast, but ideal for brunch, lunch or just as keto friendly snacks.Jump to Recipe
At the weekend we like to have a late breakfast or brunch, and these are perfect. Minimal effort, maximum taste. I always make a few extras to keep in the fridge for snacks or lunch on the go.
We aren’t following a specific ‘diet’, but are trying to limit our carbohydrate intake, especialy on non exercise days. As a result a lot of the food we eat and my recipes are keto friendly, and this is one of them.
We added sausage, mushrooms and a cherry tomatos to our bacon and egg muffins, but you could add anything you like. You can also substitute the bacon for smoked salmon or parma ham or omit it altogether. Next I am going to try a salmon, egg and avocado egg muffin- I’ll post the recipe if it works out.
So if you’d like to see how to make your own keto bacon and egg breakfast muffins, scroll down, or pin it for later!Jump to Recipe
Pin Keto Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins for later!
How to Make Keto Bacon & Egg Breakfast Muffins
Keto Bacon and Egg Muffins
- 6 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 cooked sausages chopped into small pieces
- 1 chopped mushroom
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped chives fresh or frozen
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- butter to grease pan
- Grease 6 muffin pan wells with some butter.
- Line the sides of each well with a rasher of streaky bacon.
- Divide the chopped suasge and mushroom between the 6 muffin wells.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, chives, pepper and 3/4 of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin pan wells.
- Top each one with half a cherry tomatoe and the remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for approximately 20 minutes.
If you do have go at making them yourself, I’d love to hear what you think in the comments, and don’t forget to post pics with #acoupletolose so I can see all your lovely creations.